Planning to remodel your home or a part of it? Wood Decks and railing can greatly improve the usefulness, aesthetics and value of your house. For adults, patio decks provide outdoor living space for dining and relaxation. For kids, wood decks offer a safe outdoor play area.
A functional wood deck contains six parts: decking, hand railings, footings, beams, posts and joists. While planning a deck you need to consider three basic factors: functionality, structural stability and aesthetic. The aesthetics of your deck is driven by your choice of decking and railings while the location of beams and posts have a major impact on the stability of it.
First decide how you are going to use the outdoor deck. Do you want some benches or lounge chairs or even a dining table in that area? How many people will be using the deck?
Important factors that influence the design and location of your deck:
- Projected use (playing area, sunbathing, family entertainment, relaxation, dining, etc.)
- Appearance (focuses on a good view, increase value to home)
- Adequate sunlight
- Air currents (allow smooth flow of breezes, stamp heavy winds)
- Privacy (less street noise)
- Safety (for kids and elders)
- Access to home
- Type of deck terrain (ground level, elevated deck or split level)
- Current home design (compatibility with existing plan)
- Other specific needs and likings
You should ensure that the deck does not shut access to any electrical, gas, drainage or utility systems while deciding the location.
It is equally important to check local deck building codes once you have finalized the size, shape and location of the deck. In many cases local codes may pose some restrictions on the size and height of the deck.
For any queries related to Wood Deck design and drawing services feel free to contact us.
Visit us at http://www.outsourcestructuraldesign.com/structural-design.php